Battle of Britain Thanksgiving Service 2016
The 2016 Battle of Britain Thanksgiving Service will be held in Westminster Abbey on Sunday 18th September at 11am.
The service is open to all but admission is by ticket which must be applied for in advance.
Applications for tickets, stating all names of individuals wishing to attend, should be made in writing and are to be accompanied by a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Applications should reach Mrs Michèle Small, SO3 RAF Ceremonial Events, RAF Ceremonial Office, Bentley Priory Building, RAF Northolt, West End Road, Ruislip, Middlesex, HA4 6NG no later than Friday 15th July 2016.
Please note – the date and place of birth plus the passport or driving licence number of each individual must also be supplied.
To assist with seating in the Abbey applicants are requested to state which of the following categories is appropriate:
* former Battle of Britain aircrew
* relatives of aircrew who lost their lives in the Battle of Britain or since
* past or present members of the Royal Air Force and its Reserve Forces
* members of the emergency services or ground support staff
* member of the general public.
Please state if you are a wheelchair user.
Tickets and a note on dress and timings for the occasion will be issued two weeks before the Service.